Media coverage of the Frick lab:
Watch a 2019 profile on Today’s TMJ4 News of the collaborative work on developing novel estrogen receptor drugs for memory loss being done by the Frick lab and colleagues at Marquette University and Concordia University Wisconsin (“Milwaukee Area Professors Closer to Preventing Dementia in Women”).
Listen to a 2019 story on WUWM featuring an interview with Dr. Frick about the lab’s research (“Wisconsin Researchers Look For Ways To Prevent Dementia”).
Listen to Dr. Frick’s 2018 interview on Wisconsin Public Radio’s Central Time about Alzheimer’s disease (“A Quest to Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease Amid Bleak Prediction”).
Watch a 2018 profile of the Frick lab’s research on Today’s TMJ4 News (“Milwaukee Researchers Work Toward a Cure for Alzheimer’s”).
Watch Dr. Frick’s presentation at the June 2018 UW Board of Regents Meeting about the implications of her work for Alzheimer’s disease (“UW System Faculty Spotlight”).
Listen to a 2017 interview on WUWM’s UWM Today with Dr. Frick and Dr. Fred Helmstetter about studying the brain (“UWM Neuroscientists Receive Major Grants to Study Brain Function”).
Listen to Dr. Frick’s 2013 interview about “How Estrogen Protects Memory” with WUWM’s Tom Luljak on UWM Today.
- WUWM 89.7: “Wisconsin Researchers Look For Ways To Prevent Dementia” (2/19)
- Wisconsin Academy of Science Arts & Letters: “Gender, Memory, and the Aging Brain” (10/18)
- Health News Digest: ‘Stripped down’ Estrogen Holds Promise for Treating Dementia in Women (10/18)
- Wisconsin Public Radio: UW-Milwaukee Team Researches Alzheimer’s Uneven Impact on Women (9/18)
- Concordia University Wisconsin: Concordia-led estrogen research effort holds promise for treating dementia in women (9/18)
- UWM Research Magazine: “Menopause on Your Mind: Neuroscientist Karyn Frick explores how estrogen loss affects memory” (2/18)
- Women’s Health Research at Yale Newsletter: “Don’t Forget About Estrogen: Female Sex Hormones and Mechanics of Memory” (10/17)
- Milwaukee Courier: “Milwaukee Scientist Receives Alzheimer’s Association Research Grant to Study Potential Sex differences in Alzheimer’s” (10/16)
- Nature Neuroscience Reviews: “Recognizing Wnt signaling in memory” (9/13)
- UWM News: “Study helps deconstruct estrogen’s role in memory” (9/13)
- ScienceDaily: “Newly Identified Molecules Necessary for Memory Formation” (8/13)
- Yale Alumni Magazine: “This is Your Brain on Estrogen” (3/09)
- New Haven Register: “Estrogen’s Pathway to Memory Identified” (9/08)
- Boston Globe: “Estrogen Helps Form Memories in Mice” (9/08)
- Medical News Today: “Yale Researchers Find How Estrogen Aids Memory” (8/08)
- Yale University: “Karyn Frick Honored for Contributions to Women’s Health” (5/08)
- American Psychological Association (APA): “Exercise and Mental Stimulation Both Boost Mouse Memory Late in Life” (8/07)
- APA’s “Monitor on Psychology”: “The Biology of Behavior” (6/07)
- USA Today: “Almonds, daily exercise keep brain healthy” (11/05)
- Science Magazine: “Outrunning Alzheimer’s Disease” (3/05, comment on Lazarov et al., 2005)
- Society for Neuroscience: “New Insights into Hormone Therapy Highlight When Estrogen Best Aids Brain” (10/04)
- Yale Alumni Magazine: “Of Mice and Menopause” (6/03)
- Robert Astur, Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- William Donaldson, Ph.D., Marquette University
- Mahmun Hossain, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Mary Jo LaDu, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago
- Victoria Luine, Ph.D., Hunter College
- Daniel Sem, Ph.D., Concordia University Wisconsin
- Doug Steeber, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Mark G. Baxter, Ph.D., Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Maya Frankfurt, Ph.D., Hofstra University
- Jeansok J. Kim, Ph.D., University of Washington
- Victoria Luine, Ph.D., Hunter College
- Devin Mueller, Ph.D., Kent State University
- Luke Remage-Healey, Ph.D., UMass Amherst
- Glenn E. Schafe, Ph.D., Hunter College
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Neuroguide: Neurosciences on the Internet
- PubMed central
- Science magazine