Welcome to the UWM Child Stress and Coping Lab (CSCL) within the Psychology Department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. On this website you can find information on research opportunities, current and past students, student publications and posters, and resources for becoming a member of the lab! Our research addresses issues related to the coping and adaptation of children and families experiencing extreme stress, including pediatric chronic illness. W. Hobart Davies, Ph.D. is the director of this lab.
We are accepting Clinical Psychology Doctorate Applications for the Child Stress and Coping Lab for the 2018-2019 school year. Please see the Psychology Department Website for more information:
- Congratulations to Ellen on her marriage in September 2017!
- Congratulations to our newest graduate student in the lab, Paulina Lim, who was admitted to UWM’s Clinical Psychology program in September 2017!
- Congratulations to Jillian Austin, PhD on graduating and accepting a fellowship at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care in Jacksonville, FL!
- Congratulations to Eva Igler for receiving the Department of Psychology Summer Graduate Research Fellowship Competition for 2017!
- Congratulations to Ellen Defenderfer for receiving the Distinguished Dissertation Fellowship for 2017-2018!
- Congratulations to Amy Lang for receiving the Advanced Opportunity Program Fellowship for 2017-2018!
- Congratulations to Eva Igler for presenting at the National Prevention Network Annual Conference in Buffalo, NY in September, 2016!
- Congratulations to Amy Lang, who was admitted to UWM’s Clinical Psychology program in September 2016!
- Congratulations to Ellen Defenderfer for receiving the Department of Psychology Summer Graduate Research Fellowship Competition for 2016!
Come see us present our latest research!
April 5-7, 2018, Orlando, FL
Society of Pediatric Psychology Conference
Graduate and Undergraduate Students in the lab will be presenting their research.