Welcome to the UWM Child Stress and Coping Lab (CSCL) within the Psychology Department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. On this website you can find information on research opportunities, current and past students, student publications and posters, and resources for becoming a member of the lab! Our research addresses issues related to the coping and adaptation of children and families experiencing extreme stress, including pediatric chronic illness. W. Hobart Davies, Ph.D. is the director of this lab.
We are accepting Clinical Psychology Doctorate Applications for the Child Stress and Coping Lab for the 2018-2019 school year. Please see the Psychology Department Website for more information:
- Congratulations to Johanna Michlig for receiving Support for Undergraduate Research Fellows (SURF) funding for the 2018-19 academic year
- Welcome to our newest graduate student in the lab, Katie Balistreri, who was admitted to UWM’s Clinical Psychology program in September 2018!
- Congratulations to Shakai Reynolds for successfully defending her undergraduate Senior Thesis!
- Congratulations to Eva Igler for receiving the Distinguished Dissertation Fellowship for 2018-2019
- Congratulations to Paulina Lim for receiving the Advanced Opportunity Program Fellowship
- Congratulations to Ellen Defenderfer for accepting an internship at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH
- Congratulations to Ellen Defenderfer for receiving the APA Dissertation Award 2017
- Congratulations to Ellen Defenderfer on her marriage in September 2017!
- Welcome to our newest graduate student in the lab, Paulina Lim, who was admitted to UWM’s Clinical Psychology program in September 2017!
- Congratulations to Jillian Austin, PhD on graduating and accepting a fellowship at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care in Jacksonville, FL!
Come see us present our latest research!
April 4-6, 2019, New Orleans, LA
Society of Pediatric Psychology Conference
Graduate and Undergraduate Students in the lab will be presenting their research.