If you want to get in touch with me, see my contact information.
I have taught all sorts of mathematics courses from the precalculus level to the advanced graduate level. My research interests lie in abstract algebra, and so I teach many undergraduate and graduate courses in this area. I am also involved in reading courses, seminars, and thesis direction.
I am currently teaching …
These pages require users to log in and are only available to students enrolled in the class.
My first Ph.D. student, Irmgard Redman, graduated during Fall 1996. My second PhD student, Ken Price, graduated during Fall 1997. In Summer 2007, PhD student Anthony Van Groningen graduated – he was co-advised by Jeb Willenbring and his main results were under Prof. Willenbring. In Spring 2008, PhD student Jae Kook Lee graduated – I was his formal advisor, but he did his work under Mark Teply, who passed away suddenly in Fall 2006. I am currently working with PhD student Miroslaw Pryszczepko.
Other courses taught…
- Math 211 – Survey in Calculus and Analytic Geometry
- Math 231 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- Math 232 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- Math 234 – Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Math 275 – Problem Solving/Critical Thinking for Elementary Education Majors
- Math 341 – Seminar: Introduction to the Language and Practice of Mathematics
- Math 531 – Modern Algebra
- Math 535 – Linear Algebra
- Math 537 – Number Theory
- Math 631 – Modern Algebra I
- Math 632 – Modern Algebra II
- Math 731 – Abstract Algebra
- Math 732 – Abstract Algebra
- Math 736 – Theory of Rings and Modules
- Math 841 – Iterated Maps as Dynamical Systems